Florida’s “Stop the Bleed” Initiative
This program will have two main focuses:
- Enhance the training of First Responders -police, fire, EMS- to render the most effective medical aid by modernizing training and equipment.
- Allow First Responders to bring similar training out to the public forum by hosting “Stop the Bleed” training.
The program will require:
- 14 EMITT training units
- Consumable supplies for EMITT
- “Stop the Bleed” Training Kits
- 3500 “Stop the Bleed Kits”/IFAKs (Individual First Aid Kits) for Officers
- 733 Active Shooter Response Kits (ARKs)
“Stop The Bleed” Training Coverage Across Florida
The yellow circles detail the 2-hour drive proximity to where one (1) male and one (1) female trauma unit will be located for intensive “Stop the Bleed” Training. A total of fourteen (14) high-fidelity trauma simulation units will be available to train law enforcement to protect Floridians and the high volume of tourists which visit the Sunshine State each year.
Essentially, our goal is for 100% of law enforcement to have the ability and skill sets to be certified to properly save lives. So, if you are at home, work or traveling throughout Florida, 1st responding Officers will protect & serve you…
…and can also save your life!